Sunday, April 29, 2007

Settling update

It's hard to believe this coming week will mark one month since my move here to Nashville. It's starting to feel more like home here. I'm getting used to the faster pace of the traffic and the patterns, and figuring out what lane I'm supposed to be in on what stretch. Unless it's some off peak times during the day or weekends, you better know where you're supposed to be or you'll have to make the next turn and circle around, because you won't get much of a break getting to the proper lane. I think my car's starting to get used to it, too...she sort of struggled in the beginning but for a small car, she's doing okay.

My plant that has seen me through my last two apartments and my house is doing very well out in Nashville. She was looking a little leaned to one side for awhile in St. Paul but out here, her leaves and branches look much better rounded and filled out. This is the place for nature to thrive. Every morning I wake to "birdie birdie birdie" chirps of the birds. My favorite contemplation spot is a small pond where I get to watch two big duckies and all their babies roam around together.

Slowly but surely I am getting little furniture pieces and accessories, all on the cheap. My friend gave me a few items. I bought a folding table at Walgreen and a task chair at WalMart so I am not sitting on the floor anymore running my computer as I had been for the past three weeks. I got a stereo for $8 at a yard sale. However, the "processing area" in my living room will have boxes for a while until I get me a bookcase.

The one question everyone wants to know, is the J-O-B question. I will say that I have had a few inquiries due to a resume posting. But I will send everyone who asks the question here for the answer, which is: when I have something to report, I will let you know. So, just keep checking here, ok?

I will have one piece of exciting news to share--but I'm going to let that wait for just a bit.

No comments: