Sunday, April 01, 2007

Wow, now it's less than a week...

Here we are, with less than one week to go for the move. I finished up Friday where I have worked for 12 years. I think I can say by the number of lunches I had with past and present co-workers, gifts and well-wishes that I went out on top. I remember when I left Connecticut for St. Paul 18 years ago I had pretty much the same reception. I believed if I can do this there, I could in MN. And, I did. So, I am holding fast to the same belief in Nashville.

I am pretty well organized and on track for final packing and cleaning. I am working out of open boxes for needed things. My guesstimate would be that I will have probably thrown out 100 or so bags of trash before all this is said and done.

I am very much at peace and calm, but I am sure the stress will kick in later this week. Will the junkmen show up on time? Will my friends' flight be on time? Will we get the right vehicle and will everything fit? I am not watching 5 day weather forecasts. Cold Canadian air is coming to MN this week and you know what that means. I will be so glad to be done with stressing over travel weather.

Please remember me in prayer for all the above items and safety on the 15 hour journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi wendy! blaine howard here.

i was just thinking of you and your great support of mn music through the years and decided to check up on you.

leah and i are now in charlotte nc, where i work for billy graham. we are doing her andthere and have found a great music community.

i hope your move goes well! i am jealous of your soon-to-be proximity to the bluebird cafe and all things musical. leah and i have talked of journeying up that way and auditioning for one of their writers' nights.

we can be found at myspace.com/blaineandleahhoward now. i assume you will still blog when you hit TN? i will make sure to check in.

God bless!

blaine