Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How Bright The Sun Shined

They came from the West, the East side, from across the river to a place that in the past year became a second home to me…Kingston Springs, TN. The Fillin’ Station so generously opened its doors and heart to so many friends who wanted to say hello and play their music. There were so many very special, God-ordained moments that it’s impossible to name them all…everything from people who may not have known me who donated, bought something, showed up or posted on Facebook.

Here is one such God moment. My transport van to the Fillin Station was donated. The very special gentleman who drove it had done ministry on Music Row, was a songwriter himself but was away from it for awhile. As Rene and I talked to him each way, it was clear it was no accident that he was supposed to be with us. He joined us for the whole event, even remade some contacts, and it all turned out to be a true blessing for him to be there as it was for us.

Besides all of the personal love I felt from so many, the most satisfying thing for me is to know this message of encouragement I’ve been preaching for years has worked. And I must say, worked here in Nashville (and beyond). How blessed can you be to go listen to new writers, give some attention and a smile, and know it really means something?

Immeasurably, as I found out.

God bless you all who had anything to do with this day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless you Wendy V! Love You, Toni Eaton

Anonymous said...

Wendy:

I received word of your diagnosis from Nancy Arnold (your former boss at Securian). I just wanted you to know that you have a team of folks praying for you from Securian (back in snowy cold Minnesota) as well. God bless you on this journey. I am glad to hear you are surrounded by so many very special friends. I will continue to keep up on your journey through your blog. I have checked it every couple of months over the years since you left, just to see how you are doing, but had not checked since December. I will be more diligent about keeping up on you from here on out. Blessings and prayers. Terri Yira