Sunday, August 13, 2006

Off to Nashville day 3

Today was a long but wonderful day. I started the day at GracePointe Church in Brentwood. Pastor Stan Mitchell's Book Club discussed a portion of Brian McLaren's book "A Generous Orthodoxy", dealing with being stewards of the environment. Then Pastor Stan continued his series on vocation, a topic of great interest to me--especially today when he included my life verse, Romans 12:8 which affirmed to me my calling to encouragement.

I got together with friends, one new and one even newer who gave me a grand tour of Brentwood and provided me with bits of valuable information I'd been seeking first-hand answers to. We took a look at the condo development she had just purchased a home at and is awaiting completion. I walked through some models, and let me tell you, in the Twin Cities you will never get the floor plan for the amount of money these were going for. In fact, I don't even see such prices for 3 bedroom condos here, period.

If you go to Nashville you just don't go without hearing live music, so I wrapped up my day at one of my favorite spots, the Bluebird Cafe. I heard a very fine bluegrass band called the Farewell Drifters. I told them about the "Bluegrass Saturday Morning" show on KBEM in the Twin Cities and suggested they send a CD.

It was a wonderful, but short, trip. Guess I gotta get ready to come home now....

No comments: