Friday, August 11, 2006

Off to Nashville day 1

Well, nothing too eventful about the flights today--they were just late. I didn't have to have any secondary bag screening and I put my grooming items in my checked bag, so no problems there.
The flight in here was very scenic--lots of beautiful green terrain.

It had just started to rain when I got there. Nonetheless, I decided to venture out on foot in search of a place for supper. The desk clerk recommended a restaurant across the street. When I got there, though, I noticed that next door to it was a Chinese buffet! Woo hoo! Obviously I changed my plans and ate my brains out while a very good radio station with a good 80s oldies mix played in the background.

The challenge shall be trying to maintain a semblance of (relatively) healthy eating over the next couple of days. Let's just say that when you fly Midwest, it's a given you're gonna cheat with the homebaked chocolate chip cookies.

Tonight I shall listen to the Opry and watch Randy Travis and Josh Turner perform together on CMT. Tomorrow it's on the road..

No comments: