Saturday, August 12, 2006

Off to Nashville day 2

Today it was off to Rutherford County, through LaVergne, Smyrna and Murfreesboro. It was another one of those drives I like in Nashville, straight shot strip driving, easy as pie (and listening to WSM and Bill Cody--how cool is that?). I was given a grand tour of Murfreesboro, courtesy of Ruthie, fellow Gaither.com message board buddy and a New Jersey resident with a cousin in the area. Murfreesboro is about 30 miles south of Nashville, the home of Middle Tennessee State University, a very nice looking city with just about anything a person would need.

On the way driving back to Nashville, I stopped at a Kroger grocery in Smyrna to pick up some fruit and water. My purchases were on sale if you had their card, but being I'm not from around there, I didn't. I explained that when I was asked at the register if I had a card--suddenly a woman at the checkout in front of mine turned around and said "here, she can use my card." Now that is Southern hospitality. Very sweet and unexpected. I saved over $2 because of her kind gesture. The checkout clerk then offered me my own Kroger card and I course accepted...because you never know, you know. :)

I would have gone elsewhere but I had enough driving today and gotta save that gas (though regular is not yet $3 here most places!). I did get a swim in during the afternoon. So tonight I watch the new Gaither Vocal Band video on TV and watch and listen to the Opry again.

By the way, if you watch the Opry on GAC on Saturday night, I hate to tell you this, but you miss a lot of good stuff when the commercials are on. I listened live on WSM radio along with the TV show...the show goes on during the TV commercials and there some great performances happening while the sausage is being sold on TV. I can also tell you there is a 7 second delay between the radio and TV.

Brentwood and the Bluebird tomorrow...

No comments: