Monday, August 14, 2006

Back home now...

I'm back home in the Twin Cities. The day I left, I took a look at the return flight schedule and was quite surprised to realize I booked myself only 25 minutes between connecting flights. What was I thinking?? I must have been swept away by this ticket price--I never book less than two hours in between connections. When I got to the airport this morning and saw my flight out was delayed, I figured I was done for. The kind folks at Midwest Connect made a backup booking for me on the next flight in the afternoon. But, it wasn't necessary. There were about 8 of us from Nashville to Milwaukee connecting on to Minneapolis. Our plane actually arrived 15 minutes late but Midwest held the plane to Minneapolis for us. Now that's service (NW, take note). So it was about 4 hours traveling from Nashville to back home here. Not bad. If I could get all the flights to work out that way and have all the planes wait on me, I might book a little tighter. :)

I had a wonderful time. I met some really nice people. I love it there. I will be back next in December.

No comments: