Saturday, May 27, 2006

The next project...

I've embarked on what will probably be a year-long project. I am seriously decluttering my home of all unnecessary junk and paper compiled over 17 years and a few moves. Why I took some of this stuff with me to all these places, I'll never know. But, for reasons not yet revealed, I have decided it finally must be done now.

Even though I am taking the advice of folks and compartmentalizing it to focus on one area at a time, it is still a bit overwhelming. A lot of the paper part of this is going to end up being shredded. So that means lots of noise, lots of mess, lots of trash. I hope I don't get tossed out in the process.

It also means letting go of stuff I've had for over 20 years. I guess I've been sort of a "you never know when you might need it" person. I need to try to avoid rationalizing over why I should hang on to stuff I never use anymore. And I need to not procrastinate and focus on the goal.

This should be an interesting journey.

No comments: