Wednesday, May 03, 2006

One Year Ago

Thursday marks the first anniversary of my dad's passing. I am told by many it will be a hard day for me. Truthfully, it will be more mixed. Yes, it was hard to lose my #1 encourager. But you had to be there. You had to see the condition he was in, what the illness had done to him. You had to feel the helplessness that we felt to want for him something much, much better than this earth could give him anymore.

But now, he's done with all that. Done with all the pain and suffering. Done with the body that stopped working, the mind that failed him. Now he's reunited with his parents, our two dogs, and probably shooting the breeze with his buddies and many others who have gone before. Who wouldn't want that for him?

Sure, I miss him. I hate it that I can't pick up the phone and tell him what's going on with me...even though I'm sure he knows. But the thing is, I believe that this ain't it. I am convinced that the four of us--my dad, my mom, my sister and I--will all be together again one day on the other side.

In case you missed it, here is the memorial to my dad: http://www.wendyv.com/THV.htm

No comments: