Thursday, May 25, 2006

Congrats to the Soul Patrol

Yes, me too...I was addicted to "American Idol" this season. Happy to say, my guy won--Taylor Hicks was my pick from the get-go. I think it was the gray hair and soulful voice, and just what the judges said--he was different and knew who he was as an artist. And there are not many people I would trust singing a Michael McDonald song! I also thought Chris Daughtry and Elliot Yamin were great. Katharine is a beautiful girl who will do well on Broadway. But we had a beautiful girl with a great voice win last year. This year I was up for something different, and we got it. I felt from the beginning that Kellie Pickler was a star. Maybe not for her singing so much, but she reminded me personally of a young Loretta Lynn, with the same sort of humble honesty. I do think she has a future on TV.

The finale show was great. Why oh why did they not have a Bacharach night in the competition...they all did well in that medley (particularly Elliott), and of course a great song is a great song, anytime anywhere. I must say Prince was quite a surprise. I loved the Brokenote Cowboys and the Clay moment was priceless.

Another plus for me this season was the blog called "The Woes and Prose of An American Idol Junkie", written by someone known only as Jennifer. I respected her writing talent, her astute observations and ways of scoping out exclusive info.

I'll be waiting for next year.

No comments: