Saturday, March 25, 2006

FREEDOM!!

Yippee! The stitches are out!

I got my hair cut this morning and went to the store to pick up some lunch before heading to the clinic. I figured I'd be sitting there a couple of hours or so. But they took me within 20 minutes and had the stitches out in no time. Did it hurt? Well, two of the six stitches did hurt coming out. Those were the ones I expected would, that were a little scabbed or had some skin in there tight. So those who told me they wouldn't hurt at all, see I told you so!! The thumb healed quite nicely and now I just have to keep a bandaid on for a couple of days to keep dirt out of it. It is still a little sore in those two spots, but that will heal in time.

Now I have to get used to the fact that I can use both hands again fully. The first thing I did when I got home was wash my hands like I normally did. I am looking forward to two-handed showers again.

I'm glad this experience is behind me but I did learn how much we take little things for granted, like using your thumb and taking showers without having to stick one hand out.

Now, onward to prepare for the Nashville trip. I'm still trying to work out the logistics of getting to a concert I want to go to the night before the Senior Trip festivities. It is taking place across town from where I'm staying. I don't want to rent a car and can't change hotels now because all of the hotels in downtown that aren't fleabags are booked for GMA week. So I hope there is a shuttle or good cab service. This is all provided I make it there on time to even pick up the ticket. Otherwise I've gambled away a little chunk of change. Oh well, we'll see.

No comments: