Thursday, March 16, 2006

First Cut is the Deepest, continued...

(Oh yes, that earworm has been in and out of my head ever since last Friday evening...).

Well, it's been about a week and "thumbelina" seems to be healing well as far as I can tell. The thumb is much happier when not wearing a bandaid (it comes off at night to air out). It wants to bend and do everything it normally did prior to last Friday, but I have to restrain it like an errant child.

It's still more a pain in the neck than a pain in the finger. Taking a shower is interesting while sticking one hand out past the curtain, wearing a plastic glove (I bought a bunch of those last year at a dollar store. Never used them much till now. Makes me glad to be a packrat.). But I hate having to ask my co-workers to do things I want to be doing. I hate that my right arm and shoulder ache because they are doing all the work. I hate that I can't do my new spiky hairdo with two hands because one hand can't get it right.

But this all shall pass. It better by next Saturday. It's also convenient to have them taken out that day because I have a hair appointment already set up right near the clinic. These stitches look like they're in there pretty good. Could be interesting trying to get them out. I have heard that a lot of people take their own out, but I've taken enough chances, thank you very much.

No comments: