Sunday, March 05, 2006

Moving Forward...

Some further thoughts on Anthony:

I did get to see the funeral rebroadcast on Friday. It was part funeral, part Homecoming showcase. I think Anthony would have liked it. With all due respect, may I say it was SO good to hear David Phelps sing "These Are They". The guy can still bring it.

I hope at some future point if she's willing that the Homecoming tour will retain Lori. I think she's earned it and did a wonderful solo job at the service.

Mark noted on his podcast how Anthony was his favorite to accompany him on "Mary Did You Know." Indeed, his playing on that track is sheer virtuoso. If you've taken notice, you can easily hear Anthony's played some great licks on many Homecoming tracks, with different styles. One of my favorites was as he's accompanying GVB on "Promises One By One" on "Hawaiian Homecoming"--that one has pure funky soul and I did tell him how cool he was on that track. The only other pianist in my opinion that ranks close to Anthony in style, speed and diversity is my friend Richard Dworsky, who plays for Garrison Keillor on "A Prairie Home Companion." A talent like Anthony's is hard to replace.

*****************

Last week I signed up for Leslie Sansone's Walk Club. It's a online venture with many features, including availability of full videos. With it came a walking book and a 1 mile walking DVD. I also bought a 3 mile DVD of hers, so now I should have enough to regularly rotate in my training. The book has a structured plan which I'll try to follow somewhat...heaven knows I can use the structure until it warms up and spring comes calling. (I did try the 3 mile DVD this weekend and got through it! Yay! )

By the way, the walking book package and my t-shirt for the MS Walk arrived the same day. Coincidence? Perhaps not. It could be my kick in the tail to get motivated and get moving, because May will be here before we know it. After all, Mark' Lowry's Senior Trip is now a month away. Time do fly!

Speaking of Mark's Senior Trip, now comes the news that Mark has been injured in a motorcyle accident, suffering a broken leg. Word is it won't keep him from being at Senior Trip. We can be thankful he wasn't killed...I don't think we could take one more unimaginable heartache on top of another. Keep him in your prayers.

No comments: