Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Sad Week In Nashville

It's been a week of loss and sadness here in Nashville. As death so often comes in threes, in the music world we lost Eddy Arnold, Jerry Wallace ("Primrose Lane"), and today, Dottie Rambo. I've been spending much time listening to tributes and reading reflections on Eddy and Dottie and watching some vintage video. Please pray for the families and friends who have been affected by their losses...some of whom I know.

The weather here has for the most part been gray and dreary for much of the week...it sort of created a setting to spend a little time in a mourning period for the job loss as well.

I will be glad to put this week behind me. But I approach a new week knowing the sun will shine again and God's still God.

1 comment:

taralynn819 said...

Wow! Wendy, I am SO out of the SGM loop that I did not know Dottie Rambo had passed away until I read your blog just now! So that's what happens when you let your Gaithernet membership expire!

Every time I used to tell my dad that another homecoming artist had passed away, he would state (tongue and cheek, of course) that Bill should purchase some land and name it the "Gaither Cemetery". To him it seemed like once Bill would get ahold of a person, it was like a curse! So, so many of these legends have passed on in only just the past few years!

Well, at least now my dad can learn a thing or two about pitch from these talented saints. He could never keep a tune to save his life! My brother and I would be sitting next to him in church and, during the praise & worship part of the service we could hardly concentrate and often struggled not to laugh because he was always so off key!

At least we'll always have Dottie's songs! :)