Monday, September 03, 2007

My Birthday Poem

I am having a birthday this coming weekend. I've gotten some cool gifts in my time, but my friend Teresa pretty much nailed my Nashville journey in this poem she wrote for me. Enjoy.

Wendy's Birthday

It's time for Wendy V's big day
And happy birthday is what I want to say.
This year's been a busy one for my friend
Exploring the streets of Nashville from morn til days end.

Just think, last year at about this time
She was asking for God to give her a sign.
A big move she was wanting to make
And decided to do it standing by faith.

Nashville was beckoning for her to come
To hear the music and have lots of fun.
One day some friends offered to lend her a hand
And packed up her stuff into a rented van.

After some misadventures she was on her way
And Wendy was in Nashville in a couple of days.
A new apartment awaited for her to arrive
Where unknown opportunities would begin in her life.

Now Wendy's having her first birthday in Tennessee
I forget how many this will be, fifty one, two or three?
If you want to celebrate with her and don't know where she's at,
Just look through the crowd until you see a red hat.

I'm sure she can be found waiting in a concert line
Trying to be first so a good seat she'll find.
Her dreams of living in Nashville finally came true.
And I want to say congratulations and happy birthday too.

© 2007 Teresa Hicks Banda
Reprinted with permission

No comments: