Sunday, May 27, 2007

Busy, busy

I've been busy and believe it or not, I have added yet another blog: Wendy V's Nashville Blend. It really was just a matter of time before I started this up. After attending a couple of events so far, I knew I had to get to work in showing support for the great talent I've been hearing out here. I pray that it has the kind of helpful impact eventually that "Local Blend" I did for the Twin Cities music community did.

The weather here has been spectacular for the past couple of weeks. Sunny and in the 80s. If it rained, it didn't last long.

My car is not doing well, though. I don't know if Father Time is catching up with her finally at 11 years or if she is making a rough transition to Nashville, but she is coming up with more ailments. Keep her, and my budget, in your prayers.

I was taking the car out yesterday morning to get checked, and on the way out I saw one of our nature attractions where I live, a duck family of a big mama or papa duck (whichever--I don't know, but it's got a big green neck) leading five other little duckies out for a walk. I forgot my watch and had to go back and get it. By the time I was leaving my building, there was the whole ducky family right out in the middle of a very busy road in harm's way. I wasn't going in their direction, but here I was with my window open and yelling at them "get out of the road". (I don't know if they would have listened to me. They aren't real friendly to people--I tried to take their picture once and the big ducks started to try to chase me, so I hightailed it outta there.) I wonder what the other cars did. Apparently they were unscathed as they were back in their usual spot later in the day.

No comments: