Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year News

Happy New Year!

Today I made the big announcement that I've been itching to make for weeks, but decided to wait until after the Christmas holidays: I am moving to Nashville in April.

The early reaction to the news have been overwhelmingly positive, supportive and sweet. It seems I did not shock a lot of people. I've been pretty transparent on my feelings about Nashville. It is gratifying to hear affirmation from musicians that I did actually accomplish something important that I set out to do.

I am also hearing the same words come up that did when I made the move to Minnesota from Connecticut: "brave", "courageous", "daring". A couple of points I must make about that:

- As I said, I've done this before. In fact it will be nearly 18 years to the day when I move from Minnesota that I arrived there from the East. And, I had a lot less coming here in terms of contacts and resources than I do going in to this move. When I came to St. Paul, I knew only one person--someone I'd met in a church (and I truly believe she was an angel sent by God to assist my transition). This time I have friends and contacts in Nashville and nearby states--as well as two people I refer to as my "angels" this time.
- I am, after all, also a personal coach who helps others realize their potential and go for their dreams (and I am grateful to have watched that happen with clients this past year). I would be a bit out of my integrity if I didn't follow my own advice and try to go for my own dream. It did work once.

I won't deny that making a living is a concern in my current place in life. But the answer to the question of will the uncertainty stop me from moving is NO. I know I have made a significant impact in the lives of others...if I can do that here, I'm sure I can there as well. God has flung the doors wide open so far in every aspect of this move. Either I trust Him...or I don't. I choose to.

Some other news: My podcast continues to do well. I can't figure out why, but the episode I did on "More Radio Memories" is having a flurry of activity. Someone must have plugged me somewhere. I've had over 90 podcast subscribers alone just off that one episode. Today's statistics on the site that hosts my podcast show "Wendy V's Ponder Cast"
back in the top 10 of most listened to audio. The stats change by the day, and sometimes the minute, but I'll take it.

So far, so good for 2007.

No comments: