Saturday, January 13, 2007

Details, Details, Details

(First, a reminder that if you came here by way of Mark Lowry's Senior Trip website and you're looking for the Asheville reports, I've summarized those here.)

Update on the big move: We have a move date. It will be over Easter weekend. The goal is to be in Nashville for church on Easter Sunday. Since we are using my car and a minivan to move me down, half of my apartment will be junked before my departure. Some of my stuff will be pre-shipped. I am quite surprised how difficult it is to get rid of some good furniture...even to donate. Hey if need be, it will be junked, which would be a shame...but I can't take it with me.

A lot of people have wished me well and I am up to my ears in "lunch before you go" dates. But what also surprised me is the lack of reaction to the move of some who I considered friends, who have yet to say even a word. I guess I will just slip out of town without them even noticing.

Someone asked me how I can concentrate on my job with all this going on. In fact, my boss commended me for staying present despite all of the preparation and being very excited. Well, you do what you have to do. If you are still being paid to show up and work, then you have to put one foot in front of the other and do it...or try to, at least. Believe me, it's not easy. But I will be taking some time off to do things and try to reach places that you can't on the weekends.

A few months before I made the final decision to move to Nashville, I did an exercise that came with an audio series I got from Changing Course called "Making Dreams Happen." It was to describe your ideal life. I came across that sheet of paper this past week and saw that many of the things I wrote down are in the process of happening. Gave me goose bumps.

No comments: