Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holy Cow...There IS A Santa Claus!

So I'm at Doak Turner's 3rd Sunday songwriter get-together and about to leave to head over to stop at my church group's Christmas gathering. Doak pulls me aside and says, "you know what you've won, right?". Um...no. I knew I had entered the Nashville Muse contest for December with a number of prizes but hadn't heard that I'd won anything. Well, we go into a side room and there are boxes of Epiphone guitars signed by Anastasia Brown (whose book I just checked out of the library)...and I had won one of them! I've thought about learning guitar or mandolin someday but of course am in no position to buy either. Now I had my own guitar.

OK my songwriter friends, here I come, LOL. Once I learn to play this thing (Anyone in Nashville giving free lessons these days? Can't afford lessons now either...), I'm gonna start writing down the ideas and fragments of lyrics that pop up in my head at times and I'm getting me a co-writer. One thing, though: somebody else is gonna sing, because I'm not. I can't and I'm too phobic.

Yes, Virginia, there is indeed a Santa Claus. Thanks, Doak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS Wendy!
Glad you enjoyed winning the guitar as part of the December to Remember from the Nashville Muse!
Two signed Anastasia guitars! The other is a Copley and the winner announced tomorrow! You have a great holiday - Nashville loves you!
Doak

Ruthie said...

COngrats on winning. You deserve some good things! I look forward to hearing some of your original songs!
Merry Christmas, my friend.