Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Home, New...

I'm gradually getting settled into my new home. Unfortunately I've been burning a lot of gas with the back and forth shuttling. But now the loads are getting smaller and I can split my time between two places until the movers come grab the rest of my furniture. I spent my first night there last night, in my rocker/recliner, listening to the Grand Ole Opry, watching the lightning and thunderstorm and being glad I wasn't out in it. Beautiful.

I've been spending a lot of time in Dollar Tree (forget shopping -- the store pipes in great oldies!) and Home Depot. I'm getting slowly into the homeowner mode so I've made several trips to the latter. I even watched a demonstration on how to install a ceiling fan. That's not guaranteeing I'm attempting it, though. My greatest achievement thus far, however, is that I put up my own curtain rods. Blinds continue to be my greatest frustration. I got the measuring part down but the brackets are murder. After two hours of trying I threw in the towel.

One "tradition" I had for the past few years every time I'd move is that I would also end up with a new job. Timing once again became everything this past week, so the tradition continues in this case as well. I will be curiously looking forward to whatever opportunity God has in store for me next.

But right now, there's a move to finish.

No comments: