Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Here We Go Again...

Well, I am doing what I swore years ago I would never do. I am in the process of becoming a homeowner. I have found a townhome condo and all the steps are now taking place, with hopes of closing at month end. Am I "excited"? Not yet. My goal is to remain calm through this process. I will get excited when the papers are signed and the keys are in my hand. It's a really nice place, though.

Why did I decide? I have been in Nashville a year, I know I love it and I'm staying. I also want to be able to do my health practices (blenders, juicer, rebounder) without hearing anyone's noise complaints due to thin walls. Plus, it's closer to where I work...and I'm back on the busline. I am counting on a better experience than in the Twin Cities.

The first week of this process is the most wild one, with so much detail, travel to places to do business. I'm having trouble remembering if I'm supposed to be anyplace I've forgotten about. Thank God for checklists. I am, however, procrastinating mentally and physically about packing for a move. But I figure, for the move my friends and I pulled off getting here, this one ought to be a piece of cake.

All the same--keep me in your prayers and good thoughts for a smooth process.

No comments: