Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July week

Hope all had a happy 4th of July holiday. I watched the Nashville celebration at Riverfront Park on TV rather than go down there live. CMA week was still fresh in mind for me. The sound was a bit off in spots and the cameras should have been showing shots of the fireworks in places they were focusing on the orchestra members, but it was good. I remember watching this event a couple of years past on TV and wishing I was living there. Who knew. In fact, I did a little driving around earlier yesterday, with not a lot of traffic, with WSM on the radio, and just thinking about how much I am enjoying life here, even in the midst of spaghetti days.

Pondering: I wondered how many of those orchestra members, most of whom had their backs to all the fireworks action, were tempted to take their eyes off their scores and take a peek at what was going on? I'm sure they are all very professional and very focused. All the same, it made me curious.

I did take in one event this week and another coming up later but I will detail those in the Nashville Blend blog as soon as the second one is done.

Update on the last post on the Mark and Tony taping: there is some backstage footage of the taping at marklowry.com . Thanks, guys, for the two seconds of fame!

No comments: