Sunday, June 17, 2007

Spaghetti Days

It's been an interesting week.

I make it a policy not to discuss job things here, but let's say that this past week I returned to what author and entrepreneurial hero Barbara Winter calls "spaghetti days". For me, it's been a good thing. I must say I've missed those days of my first month here where I've been able to spend mornings awash in the beauty of my surroundings and get out and walk (and now that it's hot enough, swim now and then). But eventually, bills must be paid...and they will be. Some people believe I should go back to "settling" for any job that will pay the bills, regardless of the personal price (been there, done that). After this past week, I am choosing to believe that I have a right to something better. Why shouldn't I be happy and hold out for something that I will enjoy and want to go into with the enthusiasm of a racehorse wanting to belt out of the starting gate at the Belmont?

I also realized this week that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Some circumstances that I thought might be different here in Nashville looks like they will be the same as when I was back in Minnesota. But it's okay. The weather's warmer here. The music's great. It's all good.

1 comment:

Tara said...

It's this kind of attitude and faith that will lead you to your destiny!

You are an inspiration!!

Tara