Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Post Senior Trip Thoughts

I'm sitting in the Asheville airport right now on what is supposed to be a two hour flight delay, but who knows for sure.

I got to thinking about some of the songs heard over the weekend about how it will be when we are all together in Heaven. Many of us believed it just might feel like it did these past few days. Now we find ourselves heading home, going back to our "regular" lives. Some of us might have workplace challenges to return to, others stressful home situations. If we get caught up in those stresses that go with it, it may be hard to retain that glow that we all felt during Senior Trip.

The challenge is keeping that spirit with us as best we can. What can we do? We can remember to keep in touch with that person we exchanged contact information with to help lift us up in those trying moments. Maybe we can take a closer look at where we work or where we live and try to bring some of that spirit to those around us. Granted, sometimes that's way easier said than done. But what would happen if we tried?

____

I want to thank Mark and Penny for linking this blog to Mark's website for the Senior Trip reports and those who kindly took time to stop and read my thoughts on Senior Trip.

I have now summarized the Senior Trip Asheville reports on this page.

For all you Mark fans, if you would indulge me a short shameless plug, I have an episode on a podcast I do called "Wendy V's Ponder Cast" --it's the episode "3MLs" where I talk about three of my favorite artists with the initials ML. Chances are you will know at least one of them. Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/163

No comments: