Friday, April 21, 2006

Walk Training Update

With the Twin Cities MS Walk a couple of weeks away, it's time to get down to it and get serious. The great news is that I am well over my stated fundraising goal...thanks to all those who have pledged!

I've been a bit doubtful that my slightly coming apart shoes will do the job for the walk. Last weekend I got a higher quality walking shoe and did a couple of training walks. Things seemed to go well on Saturday. I walked for more than an hour in the new shoes and probably covered at least 3 miles. But alas, when Sunday came, suddenly the dreaded "equipment malfunction" reared its ugly head. Rub, rub on the back of the right heel and not long until a blister showed up. This even with my special walking socks. So if I do decide to use these shoes, I'm going to do a bit of foot taping. I will try to get a walk or two in again this weekend, so we'll see how they do.

As for how much of the 9 miles I plan to do--jury's still out on that. It pretty much depends on how the feet hold out. I expect to cover at least three to the first rest stop. Maybe I will take the next three after that..we'll just have to see.

No comments: