Saturday, January 28, 2006

"Whatcha Need" is what I got..

I must say that Chapin Hartford, the composer of "Whatcha Need", one of the songs on Mark Lowry's latest album "Be the Miracle", certainly nailed it. "Whatcha need is what you get and it might be the opposite of what you dream and what you plan, it's out of your hands."

This year I decided I would go back to full time permanent status where I worked. As an in-house temp, I was technically considered part time, even though I have put in 40 hour weeks for the last two years. A week or so ago I looked at one job posting that interested me but hadn't decided to go for it. Then I woke up in the middle of the night that weekend and felt a strong impression on me to post for the job. I inquired about it the next Monday and learned the job was still open but they were in the final stages of selection. However, because I had done an assignment for the supervisor, they were interested and rushed my application through.

It looked promising--but I didn't get the job because another candidate had a touch more experience in a couple of areas. I was a bit disappointed and couldn't understand why God would wake me up in the middle of the night and tell me to post for the job...if I wasn't going to get it. The only thing that made sense were the words of the aforementioned song.

This week I updated with my supervisor and she told me of a posting that was still open in an area I used to work in as an admin assistant. This was an IT/tech job I had interest in over the years, but the timing hadn't been right. I believed it was closed because a friend of mine just got hired for it, but it turns out there were two open positions...and the supervisor I worked for inquired about my availability. So I posted for it and yesterday was offered the position--which I accepted, of course! . I'm very excited.

The last part of the song chorus? "Whatcha need is what you get and the story ain't over yet, if you thank God for what you got, it will turn into what you want."

No comments: