Saturday, May 16, 2009

It All Makes Sense(us)

Just to catch folks up who have been following my employment(or lack of) status:

For the past month I was working for the US 2010 Census. I was a lister, or address canvasser, going around with a hand held computer to local neighborhoods. I was updating the address records for the mailing of the 2010 Census form, matching what I saw on the ground to what was on the computer's lists. I got to make my own schedule and braved rain, dogs, various conditions of homes and petulant computers. It all was very interesting at times. Last week I and the rest of our team completed the mission and were let go. Friday of that week I was called back to my old temp job. Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, God in the timing and details of that one. It's nice to be back among familiar people and surroundings. I'm not certain for how long that will be, but I'll keep showing up until they tell me not to. And I will trust that God will continue to provide as He has for the past year.

No comments: