Saturday, May 23, 2009

...But Sometimes It Doesn't

I guess I jinxed myself by opening my mouth. The temp position came to an abrupt end. I won't say much about it except that either I was gone too long or God changed His mind about where He wanted me. At least He put me in the right place when I got the word...right in the middle of the Tuesday night prayer group I attend.

To add insult to injury, there was a mouse in the house the next day. Many of you know that's one of my worst fears and nightmares. But I guess if you buy a house, you're due to have a mouse (gosh, I'm so poetic). The main advice, of course, was the same: "get a cat." Look, I like cats, but cats mean care, feeding, and vet bills. I can't afford that. It's cheaper to buy traps. However, I haven't seen any sightings since I placed traps everywhere. I gave the mouse an ultimatum: leave or die. Maybe mice are a little more polite here in TN than they were in MN and it said "yes ma'am" and split. Could I be so lucky? We'll see. I'm not sounding the "all clear" yet, though.

From here on all fronts, it's about moving forward and focusing on the things I know I am successful at. Most especially, I'm concentrating on my goal of supporting artists for most of my time and getting by financially doing it. I am stepping out in faith for awhile and trusting God for provision, trying not to get sidetracked by economic fears which lead to wrong places. There, I said it. I'll take any prayers and encouragement.

No comments: