Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Ponderings

I had a good Thanksgiving weekend. I did just what I said I was going to do...eat and then take a nap on my couch. I didn’t travel to CT because travel's just too difficult to arrange right now and I won’t for Christmas either, but I did talk to my sister. I did have one invite, but I just decided I was sick of driving a car and didn’t want to have to do that for a couple of days. So I found a small turkey breast which was free range and had all organic veggies and potatoes and gravy, stuffed myself and as predicted was out like a light on my couch for 2 hours or so.

I usually use the holidays for downtime. In Minnesota, when someone would ask me if I had any plans for the holidays and I would say "no", some people there would say "oh", not "why don’t you come to our place?". So I guess I’ve gotten used to making plans on my own when the holidays come. But, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal the previous Friday with my work family, a great potluck with a wonderful group of songwriters the weekend before and I just had lunch with my church CARE group. So, that’s people enough. It doesn't make it less because all this didn't happen on Thanksgiving day itself. After all, I've thumbed my nose at the Hallmark way of life for years.

But now the weekend’s almost over and it’s time to go back to work again tomorrow. I procrastinated until the last minute to get my month end writings done. I think I have one piece done and I need an ending for another. To think I had four days to do all this. I did do another podcast, though, a short one about Internet radio (which I hadn’t talked about previously).

The weather, well, it’s been kind of depressing the last few days. It’s been gray, rainy and was as cold as low/mid 40s for a high. I actually did break out the lighter parka once. But if this is as cold as it gets here, I’ll take it.

Once again...I love this town. I’m thankful to be here.

No comments: