Wednesday, October 31, 2007

TN vs MN, Continued

We're now into fall down here in Nashville. I've not seen all that much color yet but I'm hoping by this weekend it'll be more scenic and I can get out and take some pictures.

At this time of year when I was in Minnesota, I would swear I would not give in to putting on my heavier coat until the first of November, the "unofficial" first day of winter there as far as I was concerned. This year here in Nashville, I didn't start wearing my light jacket until perhaps last weekend. We've been pretty much in the 60's with some 70s. I'm liking this.

Like Monday night, for instance. I went to WSM's Listener Appreciation Concert featuring Country Music Hall of Fame inductees Vince Gill, Mel Tillis and Ralph Emery. I hung out at the back entrance before the doors opened. It was a beautiful, mild evening, just about to get fully dark and I sat along the side with my favorite building hovering over me. Except since it's not the BellSouth building anymore, they took off the lettering, so it's not quite the same for me. It looks kinda naked now. But I did get a good shot of it on my cell phone camera to use as a screen saver.

Oh yeah, the concert was great. Whatta deal for $6.50 (or $12, with Ticketmaster fees added in). I love this town.

No comments: