Thursday, August 02, 2007

Bridge collapse

The shockwave of the I-35 bridge collapse in Minneapolis was felt across the country. I know the area well, of course, it's in the U of MN area and it's just unimaginable to me. Please pray for all those involved. Because I lived and worked in St. Paul and am a freeway chicken, I would not have been in that area during rush hour in the last couple of years.

Update: all of my close friends have checked in with me and all were safe, thank God.

I've had occasion the past few days to meet new people and tell them I moved to Nashville from St. Paul, MN. It used to be when I'd say that, people would ask me about the cold weather. Now, they ask me about the bridge.

Probably the must surreal thing for me about it all was watching Channel 5 in the Twin Cities webcast their news online. Just as I would have watched from home if I were still in St. Paul. That made me realize that as much as I love my new life here in Nashville, nonetheless the Twin Cities and I are still connected.

No comments: