Wednesday, March 07, 2007

One month to go

Well, I am now one month away from the big move. Now comes the overwhelming part...the packing and managing all the details. Last weekend I gave away 4 coats, half my winter weight clothing, all of my remaining vinyl records and other assorted items. This was a bit of an "end of an era" purge. I said goodbye to some of the records I had since childhood, like my Beatles and Paul Revere and the Raiders albums. But, there comes a time to be practical and let go. I don't have anything workable to play them on anymore. I have all the songs on CD or can get them on CD or digitally on ITunes.

I bid farewell to the coat I called "the big black bear" --a long black down coat which came out for -0 wind chill days. And don't you know a few days afterward was a day with a stiff wind cold enough where it would have worked. I survived, though. I also said goodbye to the little white coat I had since before I moved here from Connecticut, which makes that at least 20 years old. It was a great journeyman that served me well. But, perhaps a younger person will make use of it.

Next week I sign the lease and get my first taste of living in Tennessee for a few days. Then it's back to the Twin Cities and finish up work and packing, and preparing for the journey.

No comments: