Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sick of cold

At this point, I've had it up to here with cold. Two kinds.

One, my head cold I've had for nearly a week. This one nearly ranks up there with the one I had some years ago which kept me in bed for three days. I actually did take a sick day from work with this one--only after I had worked sick the day before because I had to...I was "it" because my other co-worker was out. But I am getting tired of blowing my nose and not going anywhere without a tissue box.

Two, this frigid cold we are having. Yeah, I know, MN is famous for it but even some die-hards admit two weeks is too long. It is so cold in the early morning it hurts. I can't keep my face warm out waiting for the bus without coming up for air every 10 seconds because scarves are smothering. And as long as it's -0 in the morning, I gotta put the thermals on. It will be this way for another week, I hear. Suffice it to say this is at the top of my "things I won't miss about Minnesota" list.

That's it. Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments: