Sunday, July 09, 2006

Temp Your Way Across the Country

I have in my library a book titled "The Temp Workers' Handbook" by Brian Hassett. Having been a temp on and off throughout my work life to accomodate my creative pursuits, it's been not only a valuable resource, but a great read. Brian Hassett is a brilliantly talented writer who manages to bring a refreshing humor and perspective to the field of temping.

I was looking through it this weekend and took note of a section where he describes how people could travel their way across the country and temp in different cities. I'm not sure if this all was tongue in cheek or not. But, if you're someone without a lot of strings in life and a lot of stuff, it could be an intriguing way to live for awhile.

Hmm...I'll have to take a look at that.

No comments: