Tuesday, July 25, 2006

"Me Day"

I haven't known what it's like to take a real vacation day off work for years, I think. Usually when I take time, it's because I'm traveling or committed to some event. The only days to myself lately have been holidays..and that's because everything is usually closed. But last week, I gave myself what I called a "me day"--a day set apart for me. No plans, no commitments to anything or anyone.

I took that time to relax, do a lot of spiritual study and reading. I must say, everyone needs to do this now and then...especially if you have a stressful job or other intense stuff going on in your life. Much was revealed to me just by contemplating and being still. And, I know for sure it's had a staying effect thus far. It was a great beginning of a physical and spiritual renewal.

Gotta check the calendar to plan my next one now....

No comments: