Friday, January 16, 2009

TN or MN?

Once again, as I see I did last year, I find myself wondering if I am in Tennessee or back in Minnesota with these cold temperatures. This same time last year I wrote an entry or two about temperatures here in Nashville as cold as in MN. This year, though, it's a little worse. I am keeping in mind of course that we are technically above zero, which would be a heat wave right now in the Twin Cities. But I guess my blood thinned out pretty fast after living here for a bit. I just wish I hadn't given away my long johns. I am also getting nostalgic for the "big black bear" coat.

On top of that, there is something wrong with my condo. It's cold. Cold air is coming from everywhere. I've tried the light the candle to find the draft thing, but it's a steady flame. I think it's coming from some place I don't have the money to try to fix. So I guess I am going to suck up those high electric bills somehow for the next couple more months. Not a good time for that, either.

Ah well--this too shall pass.

No comments: