Thursday, April 10, 2008

My next "project"

So I've been in Nashville one year. It's been well documented how much I love it here. Thus, I have made a decision to "seal the deal" and attempt to do something that years ago I said I'd never do again. Yes--I'm buying a home. But this time, it's going to be a townhome or one-level condo. Some of the tales I can tell on my last homeownership experience with a single family home have turned me away from that forever. I know it's a different, and maybe pricier, ball of wax in the condo world, but renting sort of prepares you for that. (I must say, though, of late, renting has been a very different experience here than when I lived in Minnesota.) So I decided that if I am going to live the way I want to, get up in the morning when I choose to, etc. it's time to buy. Plus, I gotta get out of this traffic pattern.

Now that I've been preapproved, my realtor and I are ready to start looking. I'm excited but at the same time asking myself if I'm ready for all the stress that comes with it all. I guess we'll find out.

1 comment:

Steve Coxsey said...

Hi, Wendy. I haven't checked your blog for almost a month so I just saw this exciting news. Congratulations! You have had direction and enthusiasm since I first met you on the Fast Track forum. Not crystal clear perfect direction, but definitely a powerful compass. It's wonderful to see you moving in the direction of your dreams in many different ways. Much luck and happiness to you.

Steve