Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cold? Well, yeah...

When I moved here to Nashville some people told me "well, it does get cold here", but I kinda brushed it off because I figured they were talking about temperatures in the 30s, perhaps. They were right. We've had temperatures in the teens for lows with wind chills close to rivaling the Twin Cities. I thought I left all that behind. Thus I am grateful I did not leave behind my black parka for those days. I was almost missing the "big black bear", my 3/4 length down coat which was given away before the move.

But I do comfort myself with a couple of things: one, it is usually 20 degrees colder in the Twin Cities than it is here, and two, I know that warmer weather and spring will come here when it's supposed to.

By the way, it's supposed to be back in the 60s this week.

No comments: