Sunday, September 10, 2006

Then it got good...

Around 7 pm I fired up my laptop and streamed in KISN, out of Portland, OR. My old heartthrob when I was 11, Mark Lindsay from Paul Revere and the Raiders, does a request oldies show out of Portland Oregon, called "Mark After Dark". He planned a theme tribute to "Where the Action Is", my favorite music show growing up, with an interview with one of the "Action Kids dancers" that I really wanted to hear. Of course, it came on at the bitter end. But it was so fun listening--some savvy folks that were obviously Mark/Action fans from back in the day made some great requests. Mark does a great job as a DJ with this show, comes off very personable, doesn't get in the way of the music or put the entire focus on himself. Thus, with the two hour time difference I ended up pulling an all-nighter and got to bed at 2 am, something I haven't done since a Praise Gathering in Indianapolis years ago, I think.

Before Mark's show, someone did an awesome "forgotten oldies" show. I believe KISN is perhaps the greatest oldies station in the country since WCBS-FM. We need to pray for this station, that it has good strong ratings books and never gets "JACK-ed".

In the end, even when I was growing up in the 60s, the music always made everything right. Thanks KISN and Mark for taking this birthday from blah to a bash.

No comments: